Friday, September 18, 2015

回禮

禮尚往來is one of the most basic culture among the Chinese. I bought 4 mooncakes. 2 for chi's family and 2 more for chin's. I got an Angpau from chi's daddy in return.

I am sorry but i wanted to talk more about chin here. Buying mooncake is my way of saying Thank You for the hamper Chin's mom bought me during Chinese New Year. Although I did not receive the hamper due to some reason. I still think that i owe her a Thank You.

So I went to her restaurant today. I was so nervous and kan jiong because it's been a year since i last meet his parents. Okay, I walk to the front and call auntie, she couldn't recognize me at first, but after a second or two she remember. I told her that I past by Kepong so i bring these mooncake for her. She asked me whether i gain fats me because i look chubbier than last time. The whole conversation lasted for 2 minutes, or even lesser. My heart pump really fast as if i am having a presentation. So awkward and so weird. I doubt that i have made a wrong decision to buy her mooncake. I don't know, I feel that i am not welcomed by his dad. Maybe i should be disappear for few years so they will forget about my existence. Whatever, I have done what i think i need to do.

Ychin send me a text message to express his thank. As usual I have so much to say, but there is too much i reply him: ' Your mom is very efficient. Welcome.' instead. Mixed feelings. It is strange to have a friend, or an ex, whom you were so close to in the past, but you can't even talk more than 2 minutes now.

Well i am not trying to be moody or emo, i just want to record this down so i don't forget how miserable it feels to have an ex. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment